Our son often made these olives for holiday get-togethers. They're simple to make and add a little zest to the buffet table offerings.—Marguerite Shaeffer, Sewell, New Jersey
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups large pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1 cup pitted medium ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- Pepper to taste
- Place olives in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over olives and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days before serving, stirring several times each day.
- Olives may be refrigerated for 2 weeks. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Marinated Olives in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p34