Marinated Mushrooms and Cheese
From Mendota, Illinois, Kim Marie Van Rheenen shares a simple but scrumptious recipe with make-ahead convenience. “I like to serve these savory mushrooms alongside sliced baguettes and crackers,” Kim suggests. “They’re colorful and so versatile. You might like to vary the cheese or add olives, artichokes or a little basil.”
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), julienned
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and salt; add the tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Drain and discard marinade.
Originally published as Marinated Mushrooms and Cheese in Country Woman January/February 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.