Marinated Mushroom Salad
"I'm a cook on a tour boat for a month at a time and never leave home without this recipe," writes Rita Evans of Evansville, Indiana. "This marinated salad is a snap to serve when you're rushed." More Mushroom Salad Recipes »
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Place mushrooms and tomatoes in a large shallow dish. Combine the next five ingredients; drizzle over mushrooms and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring once.
- Line a serving platter or bowl with spinach. Using a slotted spoon, arrange vegetables over spinach. Sprinkle with bacon if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 20 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Marinated Mushroom Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.