- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add cheese cubes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish; serve with toothpicks. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Mozzarella
"I made this over the Christmas holidays and everybody loved it. I used bottled sundried tomato bruschetta in place of the sundried tomatoes and I doubled it. It worked perfectly and was much easier than having to chop up the sundried tomatoes. Next time I think I will try it with fresh mozzarella. Great recipe!!"
"These were just OK -- perhaps they needed to marinate over night to be more flavorful."
"This is much better if using fresh mozzarella. Otherwise, I would lower the oil and lower the garlic as some people don't like itl. This makes it better for all in my opinion. : )"
"Great appetizer for a party without being the same old plain, cut up cubes of cheese, which has gotten a bit boring in my book. This recipe has the contemporary flavors that are welcome at gatherings and easy to assemble!"
"A friend made these for our taste test to serve at an event. My eyes lit up as soon as I spotted the cheese! They are very yummy!"
"I made this for a party over the weekend and it was an instant hit! I would suggest tasting your cheese, if you're using fresh cheese that doesn't have much salt in it I would add a little. Definitely go by your taste-buds though."
"This is very good. I added a little salt but otherwise, didn't change a thing."
"This was ok .. basically just herbs and oilve oil .. a little too much on the oily side for me. I may make it again as part of a cracker tray or something as half my family like it but half didn't."
"This is a wonderful change to just plain cheese and crackers! Will absolutely make again and have all ready shared with a friend!"