Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad
Pam Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri shares her extra special salad made with mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes and a flavorful homemade dressing from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and apricot nectar.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apricot nectar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil. Add cheese cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the romaine, tomatoes and cheese mixture in a large salad bowl.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 113 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Marinated Mozzarella Salad in Country Woman May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.