Pam Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri shares her extra special salad made with mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes and a flavorful homemade dressing from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and apricot nectar.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apricot nectar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil. Add cheese cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the romaine, tomatoes and cheese mixture in a large salad bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad in Country Woman May/June 2006, p46
Reviews forMarinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
"Is this the correct picture for this recipe? It looks good."