- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bread or crackers
- In a quart jar with a tight-fitting lid, layer a third of the cheese, peppers, thyme and garlic. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the oil, rosemary, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes; mix well. Pour into jar; seal and turn upside down. Refrigerate overnight, turning several times. Serve with bread or crackers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Mozzarella Cubes
"I made this for my knitting group, and everyone loved it!!! I can't believe I was out of red pepper flakes, so I subbed plenty of cracked black pepper, and that worked fine. I served it with crackers, but I think a crust baguette might be better to soak up the olive oil. Definitely a keeper!!!"
"I made this for a party, didn't really go over well. It seems to be missing something."
"Great recipe, looks beautiful in a tupperware, which wasn't quite big enough. Was delicious. Even is good melted over toast."
"I made it with Gouda cheese .. and dried tomatoes in olive oil cause I didnt have roasted red peppers.. mmmh I recommend this recipe mmmh!!!"
"Great recipe! easy to prepare and very pretty in a nice serving bowl. A couple of test tasters thought it might benefit from a splash of apple cider vinegar. I agree that something was missing, but not sure if that was it. Thanks for the great recipe!"