- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) miniature fresh mozzarella cheese balls, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick), cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine salad dressing, basil, chives and pepper. Add cheese and tomatoes; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours to let flavors blend.
- Meanwhile, toss baguette pieces with oil and salt; arrange on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted, 4-5 minutes. Cool completely. Just before serving, add toasted bread to cheese mixture; toss to combine. If desired, thread tomatoes, cheese and bread on skewers for serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Mozzarella & Tomato Appetizers
"Great for apps, lunch, midnight snack! If I don't want to heat the house up, I use store bought "texas toast" croutons."
"All star Winner ! This recipe couldn't be any easier. And what a Great presentation. I served this as a salad. I cut the tomatoes in 1/2 and marinated them ( without the cheese) for most of the day counter top covered. Then added the cheese later in the day again left it counter top. Shortly before serving I added the bread croutons. This salad is very refreshing and non filling. Reasonably priced to make. The make ahead step makes this one a great choice .Happy to be the first one to Review this nice clean, tasting recipe.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"