Marinated Iowa Beef
I grew up eating Iowa beef. This tasty, mouthwatering recipe was one of my favorites as a child, and I've been making it for years as an adult!—Shary Geidner, Clear Lake, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- Pierce meat generously with meat fork; turn meat and pierce again. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, salad dressing mix and meat tenderizer if desired. Add roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning often.
- Grill over medium heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 303 calories, 15g fat (0 saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Originally published as Marinated Iowa Beef in Country August/September 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.