VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon meat tenderizer, optional
- Pierce meat generously with meat fork; turn meat and pierce again. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil, salad dressing mix and meat tenderizer if desired. Add roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning often.
- Grill over medium heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Iowa Beef in Country August/September 1990, p47