Marinated Herbed Tomato Salad
I make this pretty summer salad whenever I want to share two of my garden favorites—tomatoes and peppers—with family and friends! Try using all kinds of peppers from your garden to come up with a variety of color combinations and flavors.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 sweet peppers (combination green, red and yellow), sliced or chunked
- 1 sweet Spanish onion (white or red), sliced
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, snipped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (use fresh if available)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram (use fresh if available)
- Slice vegetables into glass serving bowl; add olives. Set aside. Combine dressing ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 298 calories, 27g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Herbed Tomato Salad in Country Woman July/August 1988
Aug 7, 2015
I grew up with my mom making this tomato salad. It's one of those recipes that is so much more than the sum of its ingredients. We look forward to making it every summer!