We camp out often in summer and do a lot of cooking over charcoal. These veggies go great with any grilled meat. Sometimes I also thread brown-and-serve rolls on skewers, brush with melted butter and cook them over the coals for 10-15 minutes. They get all crusty on the outside, yet stay soft in the center. It rounds out a super meal.
Recommended: 55 Recipes to Grill Before Summer Ends
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 small onions, halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash pepper
- 6 pattypan or sunburst squash
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and carrots in water for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine oil and seasonings. Add the vegetables; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving marinade. Place vegetables on a grill rack or thread vegetables alternately onto skewers. Cover and grill over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Turn and baste with reserved marinade three times. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Grilled Vegetables in Country Extra July 1995, p51
Reviews forMarinated Grilled Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2009
"Delicious! Although, I would recommend adding salt & pepper."