Marinated Grilled Lamb
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed and untied
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Additional salt and pepper
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Marinated Roast Lamb: Prepare lamb as directed. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; roast at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).