Marinated Garden Platter
Sharing this mouthwatering vegetable medley, Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania assures, "The delicate flavor of the fresh green beans really comes through."—Patricia D Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the next six ingredients and shake well. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and 1/4 cup dressing. Combine mushrooms and 2 tablespoons dressing in another bowl. Drain the beans; place in a bowl. Add remaining dressing. Chill the vegetables in their separate bowls for at least 1 hour. To serve, arrange vegetables on a platter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 4, 2013
This is an excellent recipe which I have prepared many times. I use 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms instead of 1/2 cup, to give the platter a balanced look. Makes a great picnic dish.