Marinated Garden Platter
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the next six ingredients and shake well. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and 1/4 cup dressing. Combine mushrooms and 2 tablespoons dressing in another bowl. Drain the beans; place in a bowl. Add remaining dressing. Chill the vegetables in their separate bowls for at least 1 hour. To serve, arrange vegetables on a platter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2013
This is an excellent recipe which I have prepared many times. I use 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms instead of 1/2 cup, to give the platter a balanced look. Makes a great picnic dish.