Marinated Fresh Vegetables
This recipe has been in our family for several years. I like to make it for holidays when the whole clan gets together.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 2-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, celery and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Fresh Vegetables in Country Extra July 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.