Marinated Fresh Vegetables
This recipe has been in our family for several years. I like to make it for holidays when the whole clan gets together.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 2-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, celery and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Fresh Vegetables in Country Extra July 1997