Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Score surface of the steak, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 204 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Flank Steak
"Delicious! I loved this recipe."
"This has become our favorite steak marinade. Even my picky kids LOVE it and ask for it often. I just love the fresh ginger in the recipe."
"The Asian-style marinade is scrumptious and really penetrates into the steak. I broil it in the wintertime with great results."