Marinated Flank Steak with Peppers
My husband and I are beef eaters, and this dish is one we like for entertaining family and friends-it's easy to prepare and looks and tastes great. A simple marinade tenderizes the steak for grilling, and colored peppers charred alongside add spicy, smoky flavors and bright colors. It's a very pretty dish.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 beef flank steak, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice and grated rind
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- Place steak in a heavy plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients, whisking to blend. Pour marinade over steak; turn to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Grill steak and char peppers over hot heat. Cook steak about 10 minutes per side for medium doneness. Turn peppers until skins are charred and blackened; place peppers in paper sack, close and allow to steam for about 10 minutes. Remove skins; slice into strips and keep warm. Place steak on warm platter; let stand a few minutes before carving.
Originally published as Marniated Flank Steak with Peppers in Country February/March 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips