Marinated Cucumber Pasta Salad
The sweet-and-sour dressing in this recipe is a nice change of pace from more traditional varieties. My nursing supervisor shared the recipe with me...and I'm glad she did!—Sue Dorrance, West Bend, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the mostaccioli, cucumber and onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the marinade ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 188 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Marinated Cucumber Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.