Marinated Chuck Steak Recipe
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 263 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Chuck Steak
"I thought this was really good, lots of flavor. I planned on marinating the steak overnight but ended up leaving it in for 2 nights because of schedule. Very good, inexpensive dinner."
"DO NOT MAKE. Tasted like beef jerky. Our family loves steak, but no one would finish....they only ate what they could as a courtesy. Would have been better off spending more on a better cut or just use it to make fajitas."
"Though a lot of good ingredients are proposed, the combination of this recipe misses it's mark. Very sour."
"First time I can ever recall having chuck steak. Can't say I'm a huge fan. Not a bad marinade, though.~ Theresa"
"I halved the recipe because I only had a one pound steak. I thought the marinade was very good and flavorful. I also used 1/2 red wine vinegar and half white wine vinegar because I ran out of the red."
"I thought this was excellent! I did not think there was too much vinegar at all! I used a 2 lb. chuck and it really made it so flavorful. It smelled awesome too! My family all enjoyed it."
"Too much vinegar made the meat taste sour. Odd combination of ingredients. Yuck."
"The chuck steak was very chewy and like the other review said, "Too much of a vinegar taste." I would never make this again, yuck."
"I made this tonight. DH and I both thought that the vinegar taste was almost overwhelming. I used thin chuck steaks, about 1 pound each. I have other marinate recipes that contain red wine vinegar, and they don't have the vinegar taste this one has. If I do use this again, I will use less vinegar."
"we used a better cut of meat instead of chuck steak because we couldnt find a good one, but what we used tasted phenomenal!"