Marinated Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Pour the marinade into a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Add roast to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 254 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Chuck Roast
"This came out very good, but I agree with other reviewers that it doesn't need this long to cook. Keep an eye on the internal temp. Mine was a little over-done after 1.5 hours, but it still came out great!"
"easy as...Well you know. ????"
"Don't leave it in the oven this long, you'll kill it. This was a fairly large chunk of beef that I was cooking, and it's over-done. 3 hours is waaaaay too long for this sort of thing. You're not cooking the entire cow..."
"I followed the ingredient list and method exactly, but the sauce was very, very dark and the meat was dry. My Dutch oven is cast iron, so I wonder if there was a reaction between the liquids and the cast iron?"
"Family loved the sweeter flavor! I added minced garlic, chopped onions, black pepper and Emeril's essence to the marinade. Will add ginger & sea salt next time. I layered the crock pot with tomatoes, red potatoes, bell pepper, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Add roast and marinade, cooked on high for 6 hrs. Added cornstarch and gravy browner last 30-45 minutes of cooking. Yummy!"
"We absolutely LOVED this! Didn't have time to let it marinate as long as recommended (only a couple of hours) put it in a stone, placed on the grill and cooked for a couple hours. Fabulous!"
"Excellent! I marinated for 24 hours and it was delicious!"
"this was super easy and absolutely deeeelish!!! plating it with style makes it look as awesome as it tastes - 5 star restaurant like :)"
"So-So. Nothing special."