"The first time I made this spicy dish, my husband commented on how moist the pork was, so I knew it was a keeper," relates Connie Brueggeman of Sparta, Wisconsin. It gets eye-appeal from red onion slices that turn a pretty pink when they're cooked.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, salt if desired and cayenne. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops and half of the onion. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade and onion. Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 160° Place the reserved marinade and onion in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Chops 'n' Onion in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p38