In Columbus, Ohio, Linda Fisher brings international flair to her barbecues with an Indian-inspired marinade and basting sauce. If you're not in the mood for chicken, use turkey tenderloins instead.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup warm apple juice
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth*
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a bowl, dissolve bouillon in apple juice. Add the wine or broth, oil, curry powder, celery salt, soy sauce and garlic; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Chicken Breasts in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p35