- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces roasted sweet red peppers, drained (TKAK: please measure volume)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) white cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened?? (Jenni: can you slice it and put between cheese slices??)
- assorted crackers
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients; set aside. Slice cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4-in. slices. Alternate to reform two blocks. Add cheese blocks to bag. (Jenni: 2 bags??)
- Seal bag(s) and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Drain and discard marinade. Serve with assorted crackers.
Reviews forMarinated Cheese
"These are excellent, made as written., and I have made them several times before. The last time I wanted to make them, and had no time to go to the store, I was out of cream cheese, so I put a slice of luncheon ham meat between the pieces of cheddar, I cut the cheddar pieces into cubes as opposed to rectangles, used toothpicks to hold them together, and did not put them on slices of bread or crackers. This alternate version was equally as good.. it is the marinade on the cheddar - that's the key to the success of this easy appetizer."
"Asolutely delicious! Works well with Wheat Thins or bacquette bread. I made the day before so it had plenty of time to marinade, a real hit at parties."
"Took this to a family reunion today. It was a big hit!! Just happened to have a copy of the recipe with me. People wanted it!"
"I heard about this recipe from a co-worker who brought it in to work. I tried it for a get together and it was gone quickly. Its so good you just can't walk to far from it without going back to get more. If you love cheese you gotta try this recipe! Yummy!"
"Excellent taste! I purchase my cheese from a stand at a farmers market. Every year for Christmas he cuts cheddar that has been aged for 25 years. I purchased extra which I also used in this recipe. This receipe is a keeper."
"I substituted Montery Jack cheese for the white cheddar. Everyone loved this. I made it three times over the holidays."
"I can't wait to make this."