Marinated Brussel Sprouts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 pound small fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place brussels sprouts in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, onion, garlic, parsley and dill weed; add the brussels sprouts. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Serve brussels sprouts with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 16 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Brussel Sprouts in Summer Appetizers 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.