Marinated Brussel Sprouts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 pound small fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place brussels sprouts in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, onion, garlic, parsley and dill weed; add the brussels sprouts. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Serve brussels sprouts with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 16 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Brussel Sprouts in Summer Appetizers 2012