Marinated Beef Tenderloin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a shallow dish; add bay leaf and tenderloin. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 55-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting often with reserved marinade. let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Dec 27, 2017
We used this recipe for Christmas dinner. It was great. Highly recommend this recipe.
Nov 20, 2017
Wow! This marinate was delicious! Following the advice of other reviewers I used 1/2 cup soy sauce and !/2 Worcestershire. I cooked mine to medium, and it took about an hour and 20 minutes. I covered the meat with foil after an hour to avoid burning on the outside.
May 5, 2016
Loved it and yes it did melt in your mouth.
Dec 28, 2014
I made this for a party last night and everyone said it was the best! I used Worchester sauce instead of soy.
Dec 26, 2014
This was a winner! I did not have soy sauce, so I used Worchester sauce instead. Also, I forgot to put the bay leaf in the bag. But it came out great! I covered the roast for the first half hour and then cooked remaining time uncovered. This was a big hit!!! Very tender and tasty!
Dec 31, 1969
My husband and his Dad enjoy hunting. I used a venison loin for this recipe.
Dec 31, 1969
I used this marinade on 7 1/2 pounds of tenderloin on Christmas Eve dinner for 15 adults and 5 kids. I have never seen that much tenderloin disappear so fast! HIGHLY recommend!!! I only cooked it for 35 minutes.
Aug 4, 2013
Melt in your mouth delicious! This is the only recipe that I will use from now on.
Mar 11, 2013
I marinated 4 individual tenderloin filets over night and put them on the charcoal grill. They were delicious! I might cut the recipe in 1/2 next time as this makes a lot, which just gets tossed. I did save 1 cup as recommended and will use again in a few days with other beef entree.
Jun 19, 2012
This is a keeper.