Marinated Beef Gyros
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and sugar; refrigerate until serving. Drain and discard marinade.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beef for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion; drizzle with dressing.
1 each: 396 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1046mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 8, 2012
I substituted Chicken Fried Steak in place of the Sirloin steak and it tasted awesome
Dec 31, 1969
True, of course I can't think why you would want to add suger to a salad dressing.
Dec 31, 1969
I think I would like this better with the Greek Yogurt sauce (can't remember the correct name) Sounds good tho.