"This tender, tasty brisket cooks a long time, but it's so easy to prepare," confirms Janet Parham, Cibolo, Texas. "Just marinate the meat overnight in an oven bag, then add the sauce and roast with no more fuss!"
Recommended: The Best BBQ Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 fresh beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Shake flour in the oven bag; place in ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper and liquid smoke if desired; rub over both sides of brisket. Place in the oven bag. Close with tie and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard and hot pepper sauce; spread over brisket. Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Return to pan. Bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until beef is tender. If desired, thicken pan juices to serve with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Beef Brisket in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p59
Reviews forMarinated Beef Brisket
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2013 Edited Dec. 5, 2013
"My husband raved about this recipe, took some to work, and everyone asked me for the recipe. Keeper"