Marinated Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Add barbecue sauce to reserved marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning and basting occasionally with marinade. Before serving, brush with remaining marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Marinated Barbecued Chicken
"Wonderful recipe. We have several family favorite marinades, but they all seem to contain oil. I was so pleased that this recipe was healthy without sacrificing the tenderness and flavor. My family all agrees that this will be our go to recipe from now on. I did a bit more BBQ sauce."