Marinated Baby Back Ribs
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 racks baby-rack ribs (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- If necessary, remove thin membrane from ribs and discard. Combine broth, soy sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, vinegar, olive oil and garlic. Place ribs in a shallow baking dish; pour two-thirds of the marinade over ribs. Turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from ribs. Combine remaining sugar, salt and seasonings; rub over both sides of ribs.
- Grill ribs, covered, on an oiled rack over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade, or if desired, barbecue sauce. Move ribs to direct medium heat and cook 20-40 minutes longer or until pork is tender, turning and basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 647 calories, 41g fat (13g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 2345mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Jul 6, 2018
I have been looking for this recipe and I couldn´t find it for some reasons. Anyways, I boiled my ribs first for about 30mins and cool for another mins. then I marinate with the sauce overnight. It's so soft and delish. Thank you.
Mar 28, 2018
Very good. TofH, please stop changing the name of your recipes, as it makes it hard to find them on-line and reference tips and reviews
Apr 20, 2017
When my youngest grandson wanted ribs for his birthday, I tried these. Everyone loved them. A big key is to not get the heat too high. You need a lower temperature to get them nice and tender without charring them. This rib recipe is going to be seen again and again this summer grilling season.
Aug 2, 2015
This did not work for us. The marinade burned the meat. Needs to be grilled over indirect heat.
Jun 2, 2014
May 1, 2011
We love this recipe and often make it for company.
Jul 12, 2010
This recipe is a favorite of mine for company. Can't stop eating once you get started
Jul 2, 2008
We made these ribs last weekend and are making them again this weekend, they are delicious!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.