Marinara Turkey Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, nutmeg, allspice and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 24 meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meatballs to a Dutch oven; add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meatballs and sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 405 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 812mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 26, 2015
I love my green meatballs! Each time I make them they get better.
Jan 27, 2012
I really like that there is spinach in the meatballs and they turned out really well. I made up a marinara sauce that went well also.
Jul 27, 2011
LOVE this recipe! Been making this for a few years now. Even diehard old school meatball people enjoy this and usually don't realize it's ground turkey! Easy and scrumptious!
Apr 9, 2010
I am not a meatball person, but these were fantastic! I will definitely make them again.