Marinara Turkey Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, nutmeg, allspice and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 24 meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meatballs to a Dutch oven; add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meatballs and sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 405 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 812mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2015
I love my green meatballs! Each time I make them they get better.
Jan 27, 2012
I really like that there is spinach in the meatballs and they turned out really well. I made up a marinara sauce that went well also.
Jul 27, 2011
LOVE this recipe! Been making this for a few years now. Even diehard old school meatball people enjoy this and usually don't realize it's ground turkey! Easy and scrumptious!
Apr 9, 2010
I am not a meatball person, but these were fantastic! I will definitely make them again.