Marigold Cheesecake Recipe
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon balm leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marigold petals
- Additional marigold blossoms and fresh lemon balm leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almonds, lemon balm, lemon zest and marigold petals.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and the cheesecake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool for 1 hour; remove sides of pan and cool completely. If desired, garnish with marigold blossoms and lemon balm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 285 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Marigold Cheesecake
"WATCH IT PEOPLE!Some varieties of marigolds are actually poisonous! I suggest researching it before you make anything of the kind!"
"Is there a typo? Is it supposed to be 4-8.oz pkgs. of cream cheese? 12. oz. just doesn't seem like enough."