Marigold Cheese Dip
Have a backyard bed of marigolds? Share some with guests the next time you entertain by adding them to a cream cheese dip. It's a surprisingly delicious appetizer.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh savory
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh marigold petals
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chives, savory and marigold petals. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 160 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Marigold Cheese Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Sep 21, 2011
did U realize that some varieties of marigolds are POISONOUS! Be extremely careful & be sure that you research it THOROUGHLY before you think about doing this recipe. I'm surprised TOH hasn't said something!