Marie’s Crab Cakes
"These crab cakes, from my Baltimore grandmother, are always part of our holiday meals. Sometimes I make them small, as appetizers, and sometimes large, as an entree." —Patty Dzbynski, Owings, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in crab. Shape mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into 10 patties. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 243 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Marie's Crab Cakes in Country Woman October/November 2009