Recipe courtesy of Galbani Cheese
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, sliced thin
- 6 oz. Galbani® Ricotta, 1.5 oz. per sandwich
- 1/4 cup Grated Galbani® Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 8 thick slices
- 6 oz. tomato sauce
- 16 large basil leaves
- 3 1/2 oz. pepperoni, sliced
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, and coat with grated parmesan cheese.
- On 4 of the unbuttered sides of bread, spread a layer of ricotta and then add a layer of tomato sauce.
- Next add 4 fresh basil leaves, 10 pepperoni, and 2 mozzarella slices to each.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat and add butter to the pan. Add 2 of the open sandwiches with the buttered side down.
- Put 2 of the top slices of bread with buttered side up on top and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and repeat until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown and remove from pan.
- Add more butter and repeat again to cook the last 2 sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich in half, plate, and serve. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Margherita Pepperoni Grilled Cheese in Galbani® Cheese 2017