- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec and 3 teaspoons lime zest.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 4-5 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and chipotle pepper; add shrimp, tossing to coat. Thread shrimp onto eight soaked wooden appetizer skewers.
- Lightly oil grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into small glasses. Top with remaining lime zest; serve with shrimp. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMargarita Granita with Spicy Shrimp
"I didn't try the margarita, but the shrimp is great. I used smoked hot paprika from the spice house."