- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMargarita Chicken
"I’ve made this several times and it’s amazing! Sometimes I grill extra and use it for salads to take to work. I’ve also used garlic powder in a pinch when I didn’t have fresh and it was still awesome."
"Super easy, super tasty!! Most of the flavor comes from the mix, so pick a good one! Can't beat fresh lime flavor either. This one is a keeper!"
"This was so simple and tasty. I've made many recipes with margarita mix but this is the first one where the flavors of the margarita were pronounced. Baste it early and often! Be careful not to overcook it. I got distracted and mine turned out dry but that was my fault."
"I tried to make it without the margarita mix."
"I accidentally bought the alcoholic margarita mix, and the chicken came out a little dry. Gave it five stars any way because that was my mistake."
"I loved this but my family thought it was too sweet. Next time I will make it just for myself!"
"Great flavor! Tasted great and kids are it too!"
"very tasty and refreshing. would make it again but for company this time!!Gail Borczyk Field Editor"