- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flours, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream and milk; stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMarcie's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
"These were very moist and were tasty. However, I baked as directed and the top was not crisp. The texture was fine, but it was soft throughout like other muffins, and not exactly what I was expecting here based on the description."
"Great! I went out and bought white whole wheat flour specifically for this recipe, so that I could follow it exactly. I did a pan of mini muffins and there was enough left for about a dozen regular-sized."