Marbled Pound Cake
This rich pound cake features the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Buttermilk in the batter lends to its moist texture.—Kelly McDonald, Edinburg, Texas
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter chips, melted
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Combine buttermilk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted peanut butter chips.
- Pour 2 cups batter into a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate chips. Pour half of the plain batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cover with chocolate batter. Top with remaining plain batter; swirl with a knife.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine chips. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chips. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Cool 2 minutes; drizzle over cake.