Marbled Orange Fudge
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/2 pounds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package white baking chips (10 to 12 ounces)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Grease a 13x9-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Remove 1 cup and set aside. Add orange extract and food coloring to the remaining mixture; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Drop reserved marshmallow mixture by tablespoonfuls over the top; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 109 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Mar 27, 2019
So delicious and creamy. Highly recommend making these.
Dec 18, 2018
I love this fudge recipe. I didn't use the food coloring, but that's a personal preference....of course, it didn't change the taste, just the appearance. So good if you love that creamsicle flavor combo!
Oct 30, 2018
Easy to make and delicious I just added a little more orange extract and I used food paste in mine but very good kid's love it and well I've fixed it several times and hasn't failed me yet
Mar 24, 2016
I had this recipe crystallize on me once (had success before) then I fallowed nutfudge's advice in previous comments. Cutting down sugar to 2 cups and washing down sides during cooking. It has turned out each time. Everyone really likes this fudge.
Dec 24, 2015
I.found it tasted better each day it was in the refrigerator. Great flavor and easy to make.
Dec 16, 2015
Loved this. I did add a bit of vanilla to the white mixture to offset the orange part. This will definitely be going in the holiday rotation. I'm thinking of adding some orange zest next time, too.
Nov 24, 2015
I made the fudge today. It's just ok. I think the recipe needs salt added. I gave this fudge a 5 star because, it came out perfect. Maybe, I just don't like orange fudge?
May 12, 2015
My employer had a 'Top Chef' competition for our Open House where we invited our customers and vendors out to enjoy some food and gathering. I wanted to make something that would win. Lo & behold, I was right! Taste of Home was right! I won the competition and a great big trophy!! I knew I loved this magazine, the site, and everyone associated with Taste of Home!! Thank you!
Dec 25, 2014
best fudge ever
Apr 7, 2014
Made this for Christmas and it turned out perfect and was delicious, grandchildren loved it.