VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- Sprinkle almonds on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes or until toasted and golden brown; remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, cook butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour over almonds. Sprinkle chips on top; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Spread and swirl chocolate over candy. Cool completely; break into pieces. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Marbled Almond Roca in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews forMarbled Almond Roca
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2011
"This dish is devine!!! My cousins girlfriend made it for Christmas, I got the recipe from her and had to try and make it at home."