- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- Sprinkle almonds on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes or until toasted and golden brown; remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, cook butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour over almonds. Sprinkle chips on top; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Spread and swirl chocolate over candy. Cool completely; break into pieces. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forMarbled Almond Roca
"This dish is devine!!! My cousins girlfriend made it for Christmas, I got the recipe from her and had to try and make it at home."