Maraschino Mini Muffins Recipe
These cherry-studded mini muffins never last long around our house.—Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the milk, cherry juice and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in the chips and cherries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 126 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Maraschino Mini Muffins
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2009
"My DH liked them, but I thought they were bland."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC