VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the milk, cherry juice and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Fold in the chips and cherries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Maraschino Mini Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p47
Reviews forMaraschino Mini Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2009
"My DH liked them, but I thought they were bland."