Maple Walnut Truffles
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups finely California Walnuts, toasted
- Place the ground walnuts, syrup and brown sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Scoop teaspoonfuls and form into 24 balls; transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in melted chips and maple flavoring; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture around each walnut ball. Roll in chopped walnuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 4, 2015
This is an excellent recipe. The only change I made was adding a little of the maple extract to the dough (brown sugar, syrup & walnut mixture). I got 18 truffles, not 24. I'll definitely make these again.