Maple Walnut Cream
We vacation often in Vermont and always come home with some real maple syrup. This dessert is a terrific way to use the syrup, all the time reminding us of the wonderful time we had on vacation.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, heat syrup and 1-3/4 cups milk over medium heat until bubbles form around side of saucepan. Combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining milk until smooth; gradually add to the syrup mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Pour into serving dishes. Sprinkle with walnuts; cool.