Maple Walnut Brownies
Chewy, moist and with assertive-yet-smooth maple flavor, these brownies are a great change from chocolate.—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- MAPLE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half cream
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. Remove from the heat and stir in maple syrup. Cool mixture to lukewarm. Beat in eggs and flavoring. Stir in flour mixture and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine sugar, syrup and enough milk to achieve a pourable consistency. Drizzle over brownies.
Originally published as Maple Walnut Brownies in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.