- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large red onion
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into thirds and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into eight pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into eight pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For glaze, in a saucepan, bring vinegar and syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut onion into eight wedges to 1/2 in. of the bottom. Place the onion, asparagus, carrots, zucchini and peppers in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Arrange vegetables on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side. Brush with half of the glaze; grill 5-8 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Before serving, brush with remaining glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMaple Vegetable Medley
"Really good side dish for a family dinner."
"This isn't so much a review (although this looks like a great dish and I'd like to try it) as a question. According to this recipe, you'd be grilling these veggies for nearly half an hour. That doesn't seem right, and I wonder if that's why no one has reviewed this yet. Could it be that you grill the vegetables for a TOTAL of 10 minutes in the first step, rather than 10 minutes on each side? Has anyone tried it?"