Maple Syrup Corn Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, syrup and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 161 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Maple Syrup Corn Bread
"My husband made this and put a bit of maple syrup on the top just as it was nearly cooked. Very yummy."
"Awesome!! Very moist. I substituted 1/2 whole wheat flour and it turned out great!"
"This is the best corn bread I have ever made. Thanks for the excellent recipe."
"Really good! I only used 1/2 t. salt and it turned out fine. I really like maple flavor, so I might add 1/2 teaspoon of maple flavoring next time."
"EXcellent! I substituted a 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour and the bread was still fluffy and moist. Everyone loved the light maple flavor!"