Maple Syrup Corn Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, syrup and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 161 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 23, 2011
My husband made this and put a bit of maple syrup on the top just as it was nearly cooked. Very yummy.
Apr 20, 2011
Awesome!! Very moist. I substituted 1/2 whole wheat flour and it turned out great!
Jan 30, 2011
This is the best corn bread I have ever made. Thanks for the excellent recipe.
Feb 24, 2010
Really good! I only used 1/2 t. salt and it turned out fine. I really like maple flavor, so I might add 1/2 teaspoon of maple flavoring next time.
Jan 28, 2010
EXcellent! I substituted a 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour and the bread was still fluffy and moist. Everyone loved the light maple flavor!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.