Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 308 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie
"yummy will make again"
"Absolutely delicious, best of all no sweetened condensed milk! Thanks for sharing."
"I am a Vermonter, and wish I could make my own male syrup :)Great recipe! it gives the pumpkin a rustic flavor."
"I liked the hint of maple flavor. The consistency was a bit different than my normal pie. It was softer but it did melt in your mouth."
"Delicious twist on a classic!"
"Family favorite!! Great flavor. We use real maple syrup."