Maple-Spice Cashew Brittle Recipe
Crunchy cashews dot this tasty golden brittle, and a hint of spice makes it delightfully different. —Annie Rundle, Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 1 teaspoon butter.
- 2. In a microwave-safe 8-cup glass measuring bowl, mix sugar and corn syrup until blended. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Microwave, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in cashews, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and remaining butter.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot). Quickly stir in baking soda and maple flavoring (mixture will foam). Immediately pour into prepared pan, spreading with a metal spatula. Cool completely.
- 4. Break brittle into pieces. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
1 ounce: 149 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Spice Cashew Brittle
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC